Engineering Manager, Etten-Leur
An excellent opportunity has arisen within SPX Flow Technology as
This is a senior management position, providing Technical Leadership for the SPX Dehydration Engineered and Industrial Product Lines. The product range includes standard and custom engineered dryer packages for the drying, purification and separation of compressed air and other gases, in the oil and gas and industrial markets. This position shall support the Commercial team to grow the business profitably by pursuing new opportunities and applications, with innovative products aligned to the market requirements. Shall manage, control and support the execution of highly engineered projects for dehydration skid packages. Directs, coordinates and controls the detailed design and project engineering activities. This shall include the detailed design of new & existing products, responsibility for product verification & compliance with international standards and client specifications, development of product specifications, and overseeing the project engineering team. Managing and coordinating of all engineering activities associated with internal & sub-contracted manufacturing processes.
- As a member of the senior management team, provides technical leadership and specialist advise to the business
- Provides support to the Commercial team in the evaluation of opportunities, in terms of capability, technical risk, and cost estimates for project bidding.
- Reviews the product portfolio with the Commercial team and identifies gaps to support the market opportunities, and develops plans and technical specifications to initiate the product development process, using Corporate resources.
- Management of engineering personnel, and carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for scheduling and supervising all work performed by the Engineering Department to include mechanical detailed design, electrical / control engineering and project management activities, to ensure that all department and business objectives are satisfied.
- Works with project engineers to establish timelines for completing designs, material procurement, production of drawings, and bills of materials to enable delivery of engineered skidded projects within the contractual delivery period, and within budget
- Performs or directs project engineers in the generation of formal product specifications, and determination of component requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related customer specifications
- Verifies process design to ensure client output requirements are achieved.
- Co-ordinates contract reviews and the hand-over of new projects from sales engineers to project engineers.
- Review and modify existing designs with technical product engineers and where appropriate authorise changes based on component availability, performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provide engineering support and technical information to other departments, including sales, service, operations and procurement to ensure smooth product flow to customers.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of engineering procedures and policies in compliance with Company policies and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of pressure vessel design codes and standards such as ASME VIII Div.1, PED 97/23/CE, Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and ATEX Directive 94/9/EC & 99/92/EC would be desirable.
- Ability to identify and execute business improvement projects, relating to area of responsibility
Skills & Education
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent discipline) and ten years related experience.
- Should be experienced with the design and manufacturing of customised skidded equipment for oil & gas, power and industrial markets. Previous experience with delivery of packaged equipment to global engineering companies (EPCs) would be desirable.
- Familiarity with international electrical standards, instrumentation standards (HART protocol, Foundation Field-bus and PLC Control Systems would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated track record leading an engineering group
- Strong communication skills in diverse global business.
- Fluent English language
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Coaching and mentoring ability to develop and grow an engineering organization
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret detailed technical specifications for mechanical equipment in the oil & gas, petrochemical and industrial markets.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management or client groups
- Ability to collect and analyze data, troubleshoot, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX is a global Fortune 500 multi-industry manufacturing leader with over $5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 15,000 employees. The company's highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets. For more information, please visit www.spx.com/en
How to apply
If you are open to pursuing this exciting new opportunity, please send your CV in English, along with your salary expectations, by clicking the "submit information" button or via mail to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our company.